Who We Are:
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world, one child and one
community at a time. Founded in 1915 and headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Kiwanis International is a thriving organization of more than 8,500 Kiwanis clubs in more than 80 countries.
Kiwanis is governed by six key objectives:
· To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
· To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
· To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
· To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
· To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities.
· To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.